There’s no better way to end the day than with the classic Espresso Martini. The perfect balance of rich, creamy and sweet, this boozy beverage is an icon in its own right. In this quick guide on how to make the best espresso martini, you’ll learn everything you need to know about making these delicious cocktails at home, better than the top cafe's or baristas.
The Espresso Martini is a classic cocktail enjoyed all over the world. A coffee lover’s dream come true, this delicious beverage is made with coffee, coffee liqueur, and vodka. It’s the perfect combination of rich, creamy, sweet, and satisfying. When made right, an espresso martini is like heaven in a glass. Luckily for you, we know how to make it right.
One of the greatest things about the iconic espresso martini is that it’s incredibly versatile. You can enjoy this coffee-flavored cocktail as a nightcap after a big meal or use it to get the party started when hosting a social gathering. Whatever you’re looking for, you can find it in an espresso martini.
While there are many variations of this classic cocktail recipe on the internet, our Cococino team is convinced that we’ve got the best one. What makes our espresso martini recipe the best? Well, for starters, it’s made with our Cococino coffee pods.
Organic, locally roasted, and sustainably sourced, our espresso coffee pods whip up the smoothest and richest espresso you can imagine. Full-bodied with notes of toffee and caramel, our coffee pods pair beautifully with the other ingredients in this espresso martini recipe. Simply put we put the espresso in the Espresso Martini.
If you’ve been searching for the perfect cocktail recipe to keep in your back pocket for dinner parties and happy hours at home, this is the one. Trust us. If you love coffee, you’ll love this drink. Even if you don’t love coffee, you still may love this drink!
Our entire team of coffee-drinking cocktail lovers has fallen head over heels for this espresso martini recipe. We’re confident that if you give it a shot, you will too. Try it out for yourself and let us know what you think. Cheers!
If you’re ready to learn how to make the best espresso martini so you can impress your friends, then keep reading.
This delicious cocktail requires only 4 simple ingredients and a few minutes of your time. Before you know it, you will be sipping paradise in a glass. To make the best espresso martini, you will need the following ingredients:
- Vodka. Feel free to use your favorite vodka, any will work. Absolut makes a great budget option and Crystal Head is our top choice for premium vodka.
- Coffee liqueur. Kahlúa works really beautifully here and is easily the most common choice to use for espresso martinis. It adds a ton of sweet and delicious coffee flavor to our cocktail, and eliminates the need for any added sweeteners.
- Cococino coffee pods. Our espresso coffee pods make the perfect addition to this homemade cocktail recipe. They are made with Grade-A Arabica coffee beans and add a rich, sultry flavor to this cocktail that sets it apart from the rest. All you need is a Nespresso machine!
- Coffee beans. Don’t underestimate the power of a strong aesthetic! By garnishing the cocktail with a few of our 100% Arabica coffee beans, you instantly upgrade your beverage to the trendy cafe or bar-worthy status. It also guarantees that you will have the perfect #happyhour photo for Instagram!
How to Make the Best Espresso Martini Recipe
So, by now we have probably made it clear that our espresso martini recipe is absolutely drool-worthy. But did you know it’s also crazy easy to make? We’re not kidding! Once you have prepared your coffee, all you have to do is mix, shake, pour, and enjoy.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Prepare your coffee by popping a Cococino coffee pod into a Nespresso machine, then set it aside to cool.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add 2 ounces of espresso, 1 ounce of vodka, and ½ ounce of coffee liqueur. Give it a good shake, shake, shake!
- Grab a chilled martini glass from the freezer and strain the cocktail mixture into the glass.
- Garnish by adding 2-3 Arabica coffee beans to the center of the froth. Enjoy!
Here are some of our top tips to help you make the best espresso martini:
- Before preparing your cocktails, make sure to stash your martini glasses in the freezer. The best espresso martinis are always served in a chilled glass.
- To cool your coffee down quickly, pop it in the freezer for a few minutes while you gather the rest of your ingredients.
- When shaking your cocktail shaker, don’t be afraid to really shake it. The harder you shake, the more frothy the drink will be—and you want the froth!
- If you prefer your cocktails on the sweeter side, feel free to add a splash of simple syrup before shaking up the rest of the ingredients.
- Want to get extra fancy? Dip the rim of your martini glass into a plate of caramel or melted chocolate. Then, dunk it evenly into a plate of brown sugar mixed with espresso powder. You’ll have the perfect photo-worthy rim for your cocktail!
Best Coffee Pods Online
Here at Cococino, we take great pride in our coffee pods. All of our 100% Arabica coffee pods are compostable, biodegradable, ethically traded, and certified organic. By sustainably sourcing our products, we directly support the coffee farming communities around the world.
Based in Queensland, our family-owned business was born out of a love for quality coffee and fudge. You know, the finer things in life. We believe that you deserve to enjoy a morning cup of coffee that’s as special as you are! Check out our superior selection of coffee pods and coffee beans today.
Whether you’re whipping up the best espresso martini or looking for the perfect coffee to kick start your day, Cococino has you covered.